[This feature is also NOT applicable to Switches that were originally shipped with the HomeKit code in the packaging. Switches shipped with HomeKit codes will also have the code etched on the inside cover of the Switch].
Please make sure you have the latest version of the App (iOS / Android) and the latest firmware for your Switch before proceeding.
- Reboot the Switch
(Hold down the bottom button. After 3 seconds, the status LED will turn red, and there will be a haptic pulse. Release the button within 2 seconds, and the Switch will reboot. If the button is not released within this period, the Switch will return to its previous state, i.e. no reboot).
- Open the LIFX App
- Select the Switch you wish to update
- Tap the three horizontal dots in the top right corner
- Press Switch Settings
- Under HomeKit Status tap 'PAIR'
- Select 'GET CODE'
- You will receive your unique HomeKit Code. (You can save this as a PDF or an image to your camera roll. You will need this number to complete the setup).
- (Now that you have your HomeKit code, you are ready to connect your Switch)
Click 'PAIR LIGHT/(SWITCH)'
The App will automatically begin preparing your light for connection to your Wi-Fi network
Tap 'I DO NOT HAVE A CODE OR CAN NOT SCAN'
Under Manual Code, press 'ENTER CODE...'
Enter your unique HomeKit Code (see step 8)
Your light will now connect with HomeKit
These instructions relate to App 4.0 and above. Please make sure you have the latest version before following these instructions.