A LIFX device that won’t:
- Turn on (illuminate or emit any light)
- Stop cycling through red, green, blue, white and then purple
In either case, sometimes checking the power source or performing a hardware reset of the device can fix the problem.
Check the power source:
You can check that the power socket works by using another light or electronic device such as a phone charger etc. If other devices receive power using this power source but your LIFX device does not then it’s time to try a hardware reset.
Perform a hardware reset:
These instructions to perform a hardware reset will work for all LIFX models with the exception of the LIFX Original.
- Start with the LIFX light powered on
- Turn your light off and on at the wall 5 times slowly at consistent intervals (ie wait 10 seconds between switching on and off)
- Your light will flash to signify the success of the hardware reset and then return to a bright white state
- All LIFX colored products will flash red > green > blue and then white
- The LIFX Mini Day & Dusk will cycle between warm > mix > cool
- The LIFX Mini White light will dim > medium brightness > flash bright
If the bulb still fails to emit any light when powered on, or is still continuously cycling through red, green, blue, white and then purple, there is a chance it may be faulty or broken.
In this case, please complete a Warranty Request form: https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000513632