- Install your LIFX light in an open area where there are no obstructions, such as large pieces of furniture or walls.
- Place it away from metallic surfaces.
- Avoid placing your LIFX light behind furniture or inside cabinets.
- Don’t place your LIFX light in areas surrounded by metal surfaces on three of more sides.
- Place your LIFX light at least 25 feet (8 meters) away from any microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or other source of interference.
The following items can cause interference with wireless communication:
- Microwave oven
- Direct Satellite Service (DSS) radio frequency leakage
- The original coaxial cable that may come with a satellite dish.
- Electrical devices such as power lines, electrical railroad tracks, and power stations.
- Cordless telephones that operate in the 2.4 GHz range.
The farther away the interference source, the less likely it is to cause a problem.
LIFX Lights are not designed for use in:
- Enclosed fixtures that limit the flow of air and/or trap excessive amounts of heat
- Emergency exits or emergency lights
- In conjunction with 3rd party sensors/timing devices that are not approved by LIFX
- Light fittings that incorporate dimmer switches
- Places where there is a risk of electric shock
- Outdoor areas*
- Wet or damp conditions
- Sockets that are not rated for the light
- Sockets that utilize a 3rd party adapter
- Excessively hot environments (e.g. close to ovens, radiators, heaters, center of the earth, etc.)
- Regions or countries other than that in which the product was intended for.
* The LIFX BR30 and LIFX + BR30, are rated IP65, and are suitable for Outdoor use, and use in damp areas.