After setup of your bulbs, there may be a firmware update for your bulbs.
If you run into issues with updating your LIFX bulb firmware, here are a few troubleshooting suggestions to make sure your bulbs are successfully updated to the latest firmware:
- You may need to run the updater multiple times to update the bulbs completely
- If updater fails, power off the bulb(s), wait 5 seconds, power on, wait 30 seconds, and then run the updater again.
- If you are seeing failure notices for updates on your iOS or Android device, download the LIFX firmware updater, for Mac, Windows or Linux
- If you continue to have issues, please try removing any line of site obstructions between the bulb and router. If router is in another room, try updating the bulb in the same room as the router, with no obstructions, if possible.
- Try turning off all other LIFX bulbs, and running the updater with only a single bulb connected to your network. If this allows for the update to complete, you may need to repeat this process for all LIFX bulbs.
- If the updater is quickly showing 'All Bulbs Up to Date' without showing any progress, please force quit app and reopen, and run updater again.
After following the above steps, if you are having issues with completing the update, please try temporarily disabling wireless N on your Wi-Fi router. Effectively, this is changing your 2.4Ghz network to be 802.11 b, g compatible, or 802.11g only. Once the update is complete, you will be able to re-enable the n settings on your router.