To create a new group you will need to start it by assigning a light to it. You can't create empty groups - all groups start by being made for a specific light, then you can add other lights to it.
You'll want to start this process from the Home Dashboard view, unless you are adding a new light (if you are adding a light you will create or choose a group as part of the process.
To get started:
- Click on the the grey “name tag” for the light you are wanting to put in the new group.
- You should now see the Color wheel for the light. Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner of the screen (just above the Favorite heart) to bring up more options.
- Click on the “light settings” button.
- Click on the button with the name of the group that it is currently in. This will allow you to edit the group.
- Click the 'new group’ button.
- Name the group. Once you're done press the “ok/done” button.
- Make sure the group you've just created is selected and click the green save button.
The new group will now appear on the dashboard.
To add other lights to your new group, follow these steps and assign each light individually. This time select from the 'Existing Groups' in the Edit Group screen seen in steps 5—7 instead of creating a new group.