Before setting up a bulb, ensure you have the latest LIFX app version on your device.
To setup a bulb in the LIFX app, for iOS (Android video coming soon), please do the following.
If it is your first time using the app:
1. Click Register
2. Enter your email and password
3. The app will open
Setting up your light:
- Screw in the bulb and turn it on
- Exit the LIFX app
- Click on settings
- Select Wi-Fi
- Go into Wi-Fi, if 5g is an option for your network, disable/forget it
- Connect to the bulb Wi-Fi “LIFX…..”*
- Open the LIFX app and your light's SSID(WiFi name) should be displayed at the very top with the light being displayed under it
- If nothing happens automatically, click the “+” button and “add a light”
- Choose your 2.4Ghz network from the list, if listed, skip to number 12
- If your network does not appear, choose "Other..." and enter your case sensitive network name (SSID)
- Choose 'WPA/WPA2 Most Common' as the security type, if you are unsure of your network security.
- Enter your network password and tap OK
- Once pairing is complete, your phone should automatically connect back to your local network(If it hasn't, go ahead and re-connect back to your WIFi) and your LIFX app should refresh itself, showing the bulb under the section "lights" or may be under a section named after your WiFi network.
NOTE: If the light is missing from the app, wait 2 minutes, force close the app, and then re-open it and it should appear. You’ll know that your lights have paired with your network if the light is no longer broadcasting it’s WiFi.
If the light is under a section named after your WiFi, go ahead and select the light by tapping on it's name and select "claim". If the claim option fails, please attempt once more.
* If you have a LIFX Original bulb, that you are setting up for the first time, the name may be LIFX Bulb. If this is the case, the network will need a password to connect to the bulb. The network password for LIFX Bulb, is lifx1234. Once this bulb setup make sure you follow the prompt to update the firmware. After that, connecting to the bulb for setup again, will not need this password.