Connecting a LIFX bulb to your account, happens automatically, when naming, and grouping the bulb during initial setup. The steps below are required after updating a LIFX Original to 2.0 or later firmware.
These steps can also be used in situations in which this step failed, where your light appears under your Wi-Fi network name in the app, or if you want to remove a light from your account, and add again later.
How to claim a light
Note: If your lights show under your Wi-Fi network name within the LIFX app, they have not yet been claimed.
You can check the status of a light by tapping on it's name then then tap the settings gear.
To Claim your bulb and add it to your Cloud account, do the following:
- Tap the name of the light in the app, to access the control screen for this light.
- Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner of the control screen.
- Tap and rename the light. With voice controls an option, having a unique and easy to remember name for the light can be helpful.
- Choose a group for the light to be in. When you tap on the group that appears, you can move it to any other group, or create a new group for this light.
- Tap Claim Light, to save these settings.
- Tap Done in the upper left to return to the control screen.