**If you have purchased LIFX White 800, LIFX Color 1000, or LIFX Color 650 bulbs, they will automatically be claimed to your account as part of setup.
In order to control your LIFX Original bulbs remotely and access services like IFTTT and Nest Connect in the LIFX app you need to update the bulb, and then Claim it to your account. On some networks, bulbs may also not show the Claim screen during connection, and this process can be used to complete the connection.
How to claim a light
To Claim a bulb that you can control, but that is not connected to your Cloud account, do the following:
- Tap the name of the bulb in the app, to access the control screen for this bulb.
- Tap Claim in the upper right corner of the control screen
- Choose the group you want the bulb to be in
- Choose a name for the bulb
- Tap Claim in the Upper right corner again, to save these settings
- Tap Done in the upper left to return to the control screen.
Once this is complete, you will have remote access to these bulbs, as well as your LIFX being available for all the services that Connect with LIFX.
* Please note that once a bulb is updated, it will retain that firmware version. Performing a Hardware Reset of a bulb will allow you to reconnect the bulb to a new network. If the latest firmware is already installed, the process detailed here will not need to be repeated.