Connecting a LIFX bulb to your account, happens automatically, when naming, and grouping the bulb during initial setup. The following steps are for situations in which this step failed. They are also required after updating a LIFX Original to 2.0 or later firmware.
How to claim a light
Note: If your lights show under your Wi-Fi network name within the LIFX app, they have not yet been claimed.
You can check the status of a light by click on it's name then the "edit" button and scroll down for cloud.
To Claim your bulb and add it to your Cloud account, do the following:
- Tap the name of the light in the app, to access the control screen for this light.
- Tap Claim in the upper right corner of the control screen.
- Choose the group you want the light to be in.
- Choose a name for the light.
- Tap Claim in the Upper right corner again, to save these settings.
- Tap Done in the upper left to return to the control screen.