The steps below are for connecting a LIFX light to your cloud account. This step is required when you want to use Schedules, Scenes, or integrations like voice control with Alexa, or Google Home.
These steps can also be used if you want to remove a light from your account, and add again later.
How to claim a light
You can check the status of a light by tapping on it's name then then tap the settings gear.
Note: If your lights show under your Wi-Fi network name within the LIFX app, they have not yet been claimed.
To Claim your bulb and add it to your Cloud account, do the following:
- Tap the name of the light in the app, to access the control screen for this light.
- Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner of the control screen.
- Tap Claim Light
- Tap and rename the light. With voice control, having a unique and easy to remember name for the light can be helpful.
- Choose a group for the light to be in. When you tap on the group that appears, you can move it to any other group, or create a new group for this light.
- Tap Done in the upper left to return to the control screen.