Connecting a LIFX bulb to your account, happens automatically, when naming, and grouping the bulb during initial setup. The steps below are for connecting a LIFX Original after firmware update or when the light does not show claim during setup.
These steps can also be used in situations in which this step failed, where your light appears under your Wi-Fi network name in the app, or if you want to remove a light from your account, and add again later.
How to claim a light
You can check the status of a light by tapping on it's name then then tap the settings gear.
Note: If your lights show under your Wi-Fi network name within the LIFX app, they have not yet been claimed.
To Claim your bulb and add it to your Cloud account, do the following:
- Tap the name of the light in the app, to access the control screen for this light.
- Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner of the control screen.
- Tap and rename the light. With voice control, having a unique and easy to remember name for the light can be helpful.
- Choose a group for the light to be in. When you tap on the group that appears, you can move it to any other group, or create a new group for this light.
- Tap Claim Light, to save these settings.
- Tap Done in the upper left to return to the control screen.