These instructions are for the LIFX Original lightbulb firmware update. It can take up to 30 minutes per bulb for this model to update to the latest firmware. With your updater stalling at 99.9%, try the following steps to update your bulbs:
- Make sure you are using the latest LIFX Firmware updater.
- If your update is failing on your mobile device, download the computer version of the updater.
- Power off your LIFX, and wait at least 90 minutes.
- Power cycle your router (disconnect from mains power at the wall for a 30 seconds, then reconnect)
- Power cycle the computer or mobile device used for the update.
- Power on the LIFX light, and make sure you can control it in the LIFX app
- Dim the bulb to 25% or less.
- Run the updater, with your computer connected to the same 2.4Ghz network as the light is connected to.
If you have more than one LIFX light, try the update with only one LIFX powered on.
If this allows for your bulb to be updated, please repeat with each bulb, until they are all updated. Firmware updates from 2.0 to later versions will be dramatically faster.
If this does not solve your issue, please contact support.