Only install LIFX Bulbs in light fittings made for the connector type on the bulb. The lamp should also have a minimum of 60W rating. Lamps made for lower wattage lights are not recommended. Make sure your lamp is rated for at least a 60W incandescent bulb.
We recommend LIFX bulbs be in lamps at least 30cm from where you might sit, or stand.
LIFX are not designed for use in:
- Enclosed fixtures that limit the flow of air or trap excessive amounts of heat
- Emergency exits or emergency lights.
- In conjunction with 3rd party sensors or timing devices that are not approved by LIFX
- Light fittings that incorporate dimmers not compatible with LIFX
- Places where there is a risk of electric shock
- Outdoor areas (LIFX and LIFX + Gen 3 BR30 E26 are suitable for outdoors)
- Wet or damp conditions
- Sockets that are not rated for this bulb
The LIFX app has been designed for the following phones and computers
- iOS 9 or later
- Android 4.0.1 or later
- Windows 10
To use LIFX you will need a wifi router that is 802.11 b/g/n compliant.
We support The WPA2 security standard (Enterprise excluded) and encourage you to use it.
WEP is a deprecated and insecure standard that we do not support. LIFX Bulbs might work with WEP-128, but we do not support it.