Scenes allow you to save your lighting as it is right now. This will add a new button with your saved Scene to allow you to activate the previous setting with one tap. To begin creating a scene, you'll want to set any lights you want to include to your preferred settings. This includes lights you want to turn off when the Scene is activated. This could be just the right low night lighting around the house, a party set-up, or even just to set a room or two to a specific Kelvin (white) value and brightness.
Note: to use schedules, scenes, and other LIFX integrations, you need to make sure your lights are connected to your LIFX Cloud account.
Creating a new Scene:
Before you start, ensure you set your lights to appear how you would like them to appear when you use your new Scene. Creating a Scene is like saving a 'snapshot' of the way your lights are now.
1. After you have your lights set the way you want, click the '+' in the bottom menu on the far right
2. Tap NEW SCENE
3. Select the top text field to name your scene. This will help you recognize it later.
Colors and brightness will be represented in the scene button, however, names like "Party" or "Bedtime" do help.
4. Tick the lights you would like to be included in the scene. Lights included in the scene will have a green tick to the right-hand side of the list.
5. Select a FADE OVER duration
6. Tap SAVE
'Fade over'— This is the time it will take for the scene to transition from 0% to 100%. If your lights are all on at full brightness and you activate a scene where all the lights are off or low with a 'Fade' time set to run over 5 minutes, your lights will dim over the 5 minutes, reaching their final state after the time has elapsed. If your lights are all on white temperatures and you have a scene making your room all blue, your lights will blend from white to blue over the Fade time you set.
Creating a new Scene from the Color Wheel:
Before you start, set your lights to appear how you would like them to appear in your Scene. Creating a Scene is like saving a 'snapshot' of the way your lights are now.
1. Select a bulb or group name to navigate to the Color Wheel
2. Tap the three horizontal dots in the top right corner of the screen
3. Press SAVE AS SCENE
4. Give your scene a name
5. Select SAVE
1. Swipe left from the Dashboard to access the actions tab
2. To activate a Scene, click on the colored button of the Scene you want to use
Editing or viewing Scenes:
1. To view the details or edit a Scene, tap the grey "name tag" on the Scene.
2. You can also tap the Play Button at the bottom of the Effect Settings screen to play or pause the effect.
- Go into the Edit view for a scene by tapping on the grey "name tag" on the Scene from the Actions Home Screen.
- Click on the three dots (...) in the top right-hand corner of the screen to bring up more options.
- Tap 'Delete Scene'.
The scene will now be removed from your Actions Home.