LIFX is compatible with the Google Assistant via Google Home, Pixel and other eligible Android Devices.
Before linking your Google account, please ensure your lights are connected to your LIFX Cloud account.
1. Go to your Google Assistant
2. Choose Settings (small mailbox icon on top right)
To get started with a Google Home:
- Download the Google Home App
- Add your Google Home
- Tap the menu in the upper left
- Tap on "Home Control"
- Tap the "+" sign to add devices
- Tap LIFX
- Sign into your LIFX Cloud account
- Authorize the Google Assistant
- Assign lights to rooms
You're all set!
Controlling your lights
Things you can say to control your lights:
|Action||Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google", then...|
|Turn light on/off||"Turn on <light name>"|
|Dim light||"Dim <light name:"|
|Brighten light||"Brighten <light name>"|
|Set brightness to a percentage||"Set <light name> to [50%]"|
|Dim or brighten by a percentage||"Dim/Brighten <light name> by [50%]|
|Change color of light||"Turn <light name> [color]"|
|Turn on or off all lights||"Turn on/off all the lights"|
Changing colors on your lights
Color Options for Google Home control of your LIFX:
- Sky Blue