LIFX is compatible with the Google Assistant via Google Home, Pixel and other eligible Android Devices.
To get started with a Google Home:
- Download the Google Home App
- Add your Google Home
- Tap the menu in the upper left
- Tap on "Home Control"
- Tap the "+" sign to add devices
- Tap LIFX
- Sign into your LIFX Cloud account
- Authorize the Google Assistant
- Assign lights to rooms
To get started on a phone that supports Google Assistant:
- Go to your Google Assistant
- Choose Settings
- Scroll down to "Home Control" in services
- Follow steps 5-9 above.
After setting up, you can access the Home Control menu to change settings.
- Go to Google Assistant
- Tap Menu dots at top of screen
- Tap Settings
- The Home Control option will be in the menu of options on the left.
You're all set!
Controlling your lights
Things you can say to control your lights:
|Action||Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google", then...|
|Turn light on/off||"Turn on <light name>"|
|Dim light||"Dim <light name:"|
|Brighten light||"Brighten <light name>"|
|Set brightness to a percentage||"Set <light name> to [50%]"|
|Dim or brighten by a percentage||"Dim/Brighten <light name> by [50%]|
|Change color of light||"Turn <light name> [color]"|
|Turn on or off all lights||"Turn on/off all the lights"|
Changing colors on your lights
Color Options for Google Home control of your LIFX:
- Sky Blue