We are not able to warranty strips that have been cut. A strip that has been cut, will need to be the last strip in the line of your strips.
Make sure if you are doing this, you are measuring from the male pins to where you want the strip to end.
CUT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
1. Turn off all power to strip
2. Find empty white space after each zone of 6 LEDs
2. Cut strip between zones ONLY (see photo below)
3. Zone count the strip
How to Zone count the strip:
1. Connect all strips
2. Turn on power to strip
3. Press button on controller for 1 second
4. Strip will flash from controller to end of strip.
Options for where to cut a LIFX Z strip. Between each 6 LEDs. At the solder point at .5m, or between the LEDs with empty white space, and no oval metal connector.
A close up between the LED zones.